- 1 canister refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb. Zaycon Fresh 93 / 7 Super Lean Ground Beef
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Fiesta Blend shredded cheese, divided
- 1 tomato, diced, plus additional for top, if desired
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- Sour cream and taco sauce for serving, if desired
Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by lining it with parchment.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
in a large sk*llet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Add the chopped onion and cook until soft, about 3 – 5 minutes.
Add the Zaycon Fresh 93 / 7 Super Lean Ground Beef and cook until brown.
Add the Homemade Taco Seasoning and water and mix until well incorporated.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 – 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, transfer the piece of parchment to your work surface.
Place the pizza dough on the parchment and roll it so that it measures 10 X 15 – inches.
With a pizza cutter, make slices 1 1/2 – inches thick and 3 – inches in along both long sides of the dough.
Place the ground beef down the center of the dough.
Cover the beef with 3/4 cup of cheese and then add the diced tomato.
Beginning at one end of the braid, fold the end up and wrap the first two slices over to secure it.
Repeat the wrapping with the remaining slices just until the last two.
Source : tomatohero.com