This is a perfect duplicate of the famous Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken. This is really a simple recipe, Boneless Chicken Breast topped with Cheese and Bacon. This goes to prove that not all great dishes have tons of ingred*ents in order to make them taste as good as they do. Think about that next time you consider spending hard-earned money at a Fancy restaurant for the same food you could make yourself.
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 2 C. Shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ C. Chopped green onions for garnish
How To Make Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise.
- Season each side of the chicken with salt and pepper to taste, and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, partially cook the bacon until the fat is all rendered from it, but it is not crispy yet.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, cut each piece of bacon in half and place the strips of bacon on top of each piece of chicken.
- Return the chicken to the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken again, top with the shredded cheese and bake another 5 minutes.
- Top with green onions for garnish before serving.
Credit: Recipes Need