Here’s an easy, nourishing cabbage soup for cold winter days. Made with just a handful of ingred*ents and ready in under an hour, the soup is simplicity at its best.
Have you ever looked in your fridge and the only vegetable in good shape looking back at you is a single head of cabbage? Cabbage is like that; it can outlast almost any other vegetable. Now even if all you have in your fridge is some cabbage, there are only a few more pantry ingred*ents you need to make this easy, nourishing, and light cabbage soup.
This cabbage soup recipe does the impossible: it uses an entire head of cabbage in one go! Nearly every time I buy a cabbage, I whittle away at it for weeks, adding some to a slaw, some to a bowl, more to a taco, and so on. So the first time I made this cabbage soup recipe, I was shocked. I started by adding half of my cabbage. As it wilted down, it melted into the soup with the aromatic veggies and herbs. I didn’t want it to disappear – I was making cabbage soup, after all – so I added more. Before I knew it, every last ounce of my cabbage was in the pot!
- 1 large cabbage.
- 2 small onions diced
- 2 cans of stewed tomatoes.
- 1 pouch Lipton Onion Soup Mix any flavor.
- 1 large celery chopped very small.
- Ground beef
How To Make Easy Cabbage Soup
- Fill a large saucepan halfway with water, bring to a boil, then add the vegetables, then bring to a simmer.
- Cook 1-2 pounds of burger separately draining any fat.
- Add any spices you like and Lipton soup mix.
- Add the meat, simmer for a few more minutes then taste 😋
This soup is great for all of us, especially on rainy days!
Credit: Recipes Need