Have you tried Paula Deen’s Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding yet? NO?! Well, you HAVE to try it!
I’ve been known to serve a Paula dish or two and this one has got to be one of my faves! It’s got a wonderful, rich, creamy flavor that everyone in your family is sure to love! I served it to my daycare kids today and they were asking for seconds by the time I had scooped myself out a piece.
- 2 (7.25 ounces) bags Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookies
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (5.1 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8-ounce ) package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 – 8 medium bananas (sliced ½” thick)*
How To Make Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding
- In a large mixing bowl, using electric hand mixer, combine milk and instant pudding mix. Mix on low speed until combined and thickened, about two minutes.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Beat together on medium-high speed until no lumps remains and mixture is smooth.
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip, using a rubber spatula, just until combined.
- Transfer to the bowl with the pudding and stir gently until completely combined.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13-inch cbackerole dish with 1 bag of the cookies.
- Top with sliced bananas in an even layer.
- Next, top the bananas with the whipped cream mixture and smooth out even with a rubber spatula.
- Lastly, lay out the second bag of Chessmen cookies.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours (overnight is even better!)
- Scoop the banana pudding onto serving plates and enjoy!
Credit: Recipes Need