When it comes to baking, quick breads have to be one of the tastiest and easiest options out there. Equally appropriate for a breakfast treat or a dessert, there’s really no going wrong. And some of our very favorite loaves we’ve made have included *cream cheese* in the batter resulting in the most moist and rich texture. We hadn’t yet tried a Peach & Cream Cheese Loaf and felt that needed to be rectified.
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 package), softened
- ½ cup butter, 1 stick
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 15 oz can sliced peaches, drained and diced
How To Make Peaches & Cream Cheese Loaf:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a standard bread loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Add sugar, eggs, and lemon zest and beat until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Once thoroughly combined, slowly add the dry ingred*ents and milk to the wet ingred*ents and fold in the peaches.
- Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool before slicing.