- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion, i use dehydrated onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 3/4 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 3 quarts water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
How To Make The Best Macaroni Salad:
In a large pot bring 3 quarts water to a rolling boil.Add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
Gradually add dry elbow macaroni.
Return to a boil.
Boil uncovered 6-8 minutes.
Drain well and rinse with cold water and drain again.
In a medium bowl combine all ingred*ents.
Place cooked macaroni in a large bowl and toss well with other ingred*ents.
Cover and refrigerate.