Yum Yum Cake – Old Southern Cake is perfectly moist and buttery with just the right amount of sweetness. The texture is wonderfully tender and it has a thick layer of crackly crust on top. It’s probably my favorite Southern cake.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick margarine (I used butter)
- 1 small can Pet milk (5 oz)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
How To Make Yum Yum Cake:
- Mix all ingred*ents and pour into a greased 9×13″ pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until it tests done in a 350 degree oven.
- Ice while still w*rm.
- Boil sugar, margarine and milk for two minutes (stir constantly).
- Remove from heat. Add coconut, vanilla and pecans.
- Pour over cake while still w*rm.