This Iron Skillet Blackberry Cobbler recipe is easy to make and great as a dessert with any meal. Just add some whipped cream or ice cream and this won’t last long. Can be reheated in the microwave or oven. This is best served warm right from the oven but I can eat it cold and love it for breakfast with coffee.
- 6 tbsp Sweet Cream Butter, Chilled and Cut Into Pieces
- 1 cup Self-Rising Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup +2 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cup Fresh Blackberries
How To Make Iron Skillet Blackberry Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prep a 9 inch cast iron skillet with non-stick baking spray. Add the pieces of chilled butter to the skillet.
- Put the skillet in the oven until the butter melts.
- Add the flour, salt, cinnamon, sugar, milk and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir to mix.
- Remove the skillet from the oven (if the butter has melted.) Add the batter to the skillet.
- Sprinkle the blackberries on top of the crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. (Crust should be golden brown.) Serve warm.
- Garnish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Credit: Heavenly Recipes