- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 2 (12 ounce) packages vegetarian burger crumbles
- 3 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in onion and season with oregano, salt, cumin, and bay leaves. Cook and stir until onion is tender; stir in celery, green bell peppers, jalapeños, and garlic. Add green chile peppers and cook until heated through. Stir in vegetarian burger crumbles; reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes; season with chili powder and black pepper. Stir in kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 45 minutes.
Stir in the corn, and continue cooking for 5 minutes before serving.